Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I'm still using iWork '09 for mail merge functionality. I have a new Mac and don't want to restore from a backup, so I'll need to transfer iWork manually. I have moved the application folder, the application support folder, and 2 files from the HD/Library/preferences. I still can't open any of the apps. Anyone done this before?

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
I'm still using iWork '09 for mail merge functionality. I have a new Mac and don't want to restore from a backup, so I'll need to transfer iWork manually. I have moved the application folder, the application support folder, and 2 files from the HD/Library/preferences. I still can't open any of the apps. Anyone done this before?

Last time I did it, all I needed was the .app file. However that was back in, I think Mountain Lion. Maybe it's no longer possible at all - perhaps the apps use APIs no longer supported. I'll check my copies now, hold on

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I did this a few years ago. I believe I used the app that transfers apps and data from your old Mac. I could be wrong but I thought that gave you the option to select which apps to move. I suppose you could transfer all apps and delete the ones you don't want. Painful, but it gets you there.

You could also email Ely Cue and ask him to bring back this and other features from '09.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I too still rely on iWork '09 (as well as the latest version). Because I do, I wanted to make sure that I have physical media so that I would be able to properly install it on a new system. I bought mine on eBay for $10. Well worth the price.

As for what files you'll need if you transfer, I just loaded up CleanMyMac3 and looked at the list of files associated with it. There doesn't seem to be anything of any importance.

What is the old version of OSX that you were running and what is the new version? If I recall correctly, there was an update that was required for it to run on later versions of OSX.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Just checked - Pages 09' works just fine on Sierra.
I transferred only the .app file, and all other things it handles itself.

What kind of message do you get when you try opening it?

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I was running 10.12 on an 11" Air. I'm running 10.12 on a 13" MBP now. When I launch Pages, it gives me a long error message. The important part I'm guessing is this:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: @rpath/SFCompatibility.framework/Versions/A/SFCompatibility
Referenced from: /Applications/iWork '09/Pages.app/Contents/MacOS/Pages
Reason: image not found

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Try installing the latest update (I think that's 9.3) - from memory it's actually a more-or-less full install and it should put all the necessary libraries in the right places.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
Try installing the latest update (I think that's 9.3) - from memory it's actually a more-or-less full install and it should put all the necessary libraries in the right places.

I tried this just now with no luck. Thanks for the response though. I'll keep that update and maybe try to install it on my MBA and then transfer the apps.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I deleted all the associated files, installed a trial version of 9.1, updated to 9.3, and it's working as it should. Now I just need to get it registered somehow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.