Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frankm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
I downloaded some demo's on the mac side that are for PC... I installed BootCamp and i'm wondering what the best way would be to transfer these games to boot camp. I see the partition on my desktop on the mac side, but where would I copy the games so they appear on my dekstop when i launch Boot Camp? I created a 25gig partition for BC by the way.

frankm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
I think I figured it out, I found the "desktop" folder for both myself and "all users". But when I tried to copy it to either, it told me I could not be modified. Locked?

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Did you create a NTFS partition? If you did, you're out of luck. If you create a FAT32 partition you can read and write to it from the os x partition and it's a simple matter to just copy and paste the files into my documents or somewhere. But if you've formatted it as NTFS, i'm not sure if there's anything you can do

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
if your windows partition is NTFS OSX can't write to it, if it's FAT32 it can. if you get MacDrive for windows you can read/write your OSX partition from windows.

*edit*
Osarkon beat me to it.

frankm007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Doh! I just realized that. I'm reformatting now, luckily I hadn't done much to this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.