transferring music from I tunes to I pod touch 4th generation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pipkin123, Aug 15, 2016.

1. pipkin123 macrumors newbie

we have on our computer holiday videos downloaded from new I pod 6TH Generation and we are trying to put them on an older i pod touch 4th generation,I can put them back on the new i pod 6th one but when I try to put them on the 4th generation one it says it cannot copy them as they cannot be played on that device [i pod 4th generation],would be very grateful for any help or advice,thank you.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Your problem is that the 6th generation iPod Touch records 1080p and the 4th gen supports only up to 720p. If you're on a Mac, this is easily fixable by just opening the videos in QuickTime Player and exporting them.

QuickTime Player 10.x: Export movies to other file formats and resolutions
    https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22605?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

3. pipkin123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for that but unfortunately I do not have a mac it is an ordinary desk top computer so is there any way I can do it on this ,thank you very much for your help it is much appreciated.

4. pipkin123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed quick time pro on my desktop computer and upgraded it to pro,I tried to export it and it asked where to save it but that is where I get lost as it seems to want me to only be able to save it on places on the desktop computer and not let me get it on the I pod touch,thanks again for any help I may be given [as I badly need it ]

5. Eau Rouge, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016

Eau Rouge macrumors regular

Save the output to disk first. Once it's done re-encoding, add the video to iTunes and then copy over to the older Touch.

Edit: Actually, the linked instructions will add them to the iTunes library for you. From there just sync your device or drag them over if it's set to manually manage.