Transferring music in itunes, between a WIndows PC and Macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Joshtee93, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Joshtee93 macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I have recently decided to take the plunge; and go all out apple! I have already got myself and iphone, and am getting a macbook for Christmas. My main question to you though, is: How do I transfer my itunes music from my current PC, to my new aluminium macbook (the 2.4 one :D).
    - I have tried to transfer my itunes Library between two Windows PC's, and was unsuccesfull (I just copied and pasted it onto an external hard drive, and then tried to copy and paste it onto the hard drive of the computer). However, this didn't work! It copied some of my music, but not all of it.
    - The music isn't located in one big folder, it is located in various folders in my hard drive, but works fine with itunes.
    - I'm reluctant to take it into apple, as some of the music is downloaded from `suspicious sources`...

I would really appreciate your advice on this, an any other advice transferring files between my PC and Mac would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips on the difference between the Windows and the Mac `Leopard` operating system.

Thankyou for your time.
    =]]

2. ChazDaSpaz macrumors regular

On your windows pc, go into iTunes and go into the advanced menu. Select consolidate library and click ok. This'll make sure that all your music is contained in one simple iTunes folder. Then, copy your iTunes folder to your Mac, easy! :D