transferring music

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ayres, Feb 24, 2012.

1. ayres macrumors regular

so am i correct in assuming that i cannot transfer non-itunes music from my ipad to my mbp itunes library?

while visiting my parents last christmas, i thought i would be savvy save some of my dad's ripped music to my ipad rather than burn copies. but now i cannot transfer that music to my itunes library.

must i use third party programs?

thanks

2. ayres thread starter macrumors regular

Let me be a little clearer, as I'm surprised hundreds have read this and there have been no responses...

I ripped my dads music collection to his computer's iTunes several years back. Much of it is lossless. recently, while visiting, I hooked up my iPad to his computer and transferred music to bring home with me (I live 5000 miles away).

I assumed I could connect my iPad to my mbp (I manually manage content), and drag those songs to my music library. I assumed wrong.

Any ideas? I figured this was a no-brainier.

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

I think that you may need a third party app for this. I have seen both free and paid apps that do what you are wanting but have not had to use one yet so I can not recommend one. I sure someone will chime in with a solution for you.

You might get better results if you had posted this in the iTunes forum. A moderator might be able to move this thread for you.