Transferring my iTunes songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cni2i, Jun 16, 2009.

1. cni2i macrumors member

Hi everyone,
    I have always used a PC. Recently, I purchased a MBP. My music collection on my iPhone has always sync with a PC. If I connect my iphone now with my new MBP, would I be forced to delete all the songs on my iphone and start new with the MBP? OR, would the songs from my iphone transfer automatically to the new MBP? Please advise. Newb here.

2. cni2i thread starter macrumors member

3. mrj205 macrumors regular

Without the use of shareware, you cannot "move/copy" songs from your iphone to your new MBP. Your best bet is to copy your itunes library folder from your pc and copy it over to the MBP using a external hard drive. Really simple, takes minutes. If you connect your iphone to your MBP without the library and it syncs, you will lose your songs. Change the user preferences to not sync on connect.

4. cni2i thread starter macrumors member

thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.

5. Sir SpemzR macrumors 6502

what i did when i first got my macbook is connect them together with the ethernet cable and make a network and i was able to just drag all my itunes music on my pc to a shared folder in my pc and then on my macbook just find the shared folder that was created on your pc and drag from there to my itunes library folder...

now i dont have to do that since i have a wireless router which my macbook uses the wireless and my pc uses the ethernet i can set up a wireless network between the two and there you go