Transferring my iTunes to my car

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by orangezorki, May 20, 2011.

1. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I am about to take delivery of a car with a USB connection. It does connect to iPods, but the USB port is in full view in the middle of the dashboard. So, I have the idea of converting my songs (Apple Lossless), to high bitrate mp3 or AAC files, and putting them on a tiny USB drive that can stay in place without attracting attention from local naerdowells.

However, this seems far less simple than I thought. Does anyone know of an easy and reliable method or app that will do this without duplicating my iTunes library or taking hours?

Thanks in advance,

David.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can use iTunes to create lower bit rate copies of whatever songs you want in the car, then delete them from your iTunes library after you've transferred them to the USB drive.

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Get an older iPod shuffle? Therefore you sync your music rather than duplicating?

Be sure and put it in your glove when your away from your ride.

4. orangezorki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks very much both of you for your quick replies - however I am hoping for something a bit more elegant - that will allow me to directly convert the files to my USB drive, without needing to duplicate songs or put anything away everytime I leave the car.

David

5. svenn macrumors 6502

6. orangezorki thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes - that is exactly the sort of thing I am looking for. I'm still hoping though that there is some way I can plug in a blank USB stick, and have a whole ALC playlist or selection be converted to mp3/AAC and put on the stick in only a couple of clicks.

David