Transferring Palm Pilot Contacts.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rezy5172, Feb 16, 2009.

1. rezy5172 macrumors newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the best way to transfer my Palm Pilot contacts to Outlook and then to my ITouch? My laptop currently says to insert a Microsoft Office 2000 disk, but it still doesn't work. Microsoft was going to help but wanted $59.00 from me. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you have them ion the Palm desktop software, you can export them as vCards and then import into Outlook.

3. rezy5172 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks rdowns. Unfortunately it only trnsfers 1 contact to the vcard, even when I select all. Any thoughts??

4. liferules macrumors member

It's not easy. You should be able to sync outlook with the Palm, but remember to download the Pocketmirror application (would be on your Palm CD or maybe from the Palm website). Sync'ing to outlook then should be easy.

For some reason, the vCard format is not complete with transferring to outlook as far as all the fields of contacts (at least for me). As to how complete all the contact fields will be, its sometimes good and sometimes bad...but that's basically the best way...