Transferring Photos from PC to Camera Roll??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by raziiq, Nov 15, 2008.

1. raziiq macrumors member

Is there anyway to Transfer my photos from Pc to the Camera Roll of my iPhone 3g. Well i used SSH to transfer the photos to DCIM/100Apple but the photos are not shown in the iPhone :(. Is it that i have to change the name of the photos according to the sequence of the photos??

Anybody please help??

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Camera roll is an internal folder for pictures taken with the iphone.

as far as I know, you have to sync to another folder, but you can name that folder whatever you want in itunes.

any particular reason you want it in the camera roll, instead of organized in a folder?

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

There's a freeware file transfer app that will allow upload via safari bonjour might want to try one of them. I used it for a little while but removed it and don't remember the name.

I can't remember if it uploaded to camera roll or just the plain photo library in the iPhone.

4. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Found the App.

It's Discover and it's a free app that has access to the camera roll. It works via browser to upload and download files to the iPhone.

6. iamjamieq macrumors newbie

I know this thread is nearly two years old but I was recently looking for an answer to this and never found it, but I discovered how to do it.

With a jailbroken iPhone with iFile on it, browse to the folder containing the photos (any folder). Tap on the blue arrow to the right of the screen for the photo or video wanting to be on the camera roll. This will show you the file properties. Scroll to the bottom of the file properties and tap on Add to Camera Roll. Voila!!

Likewise, if you tap on a photo from iFile as if to view it, there will be an icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like a folder with an arrow on it. Tapping that icon will add the photo to the camera roll.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Really no reason to post this in this thread, since a lot can be done while jailbroke. This question was being asked for a non-JB phone.

8. KSKENE247 macrumors member

just email them to yourself or use like photobucket or any of those and save the photos

9. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I found an app called "Drop2roll" havent tried it yet, but the descrption seems to be what everyone is looking for

10. Neirys macrumors newbie