Transferring photos/music to windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by yettimillan, Sep 3, 2010.

1. yettimillan macrumors regular

Hi. I always use iPhoto to upload my pictures from my devices, Ive noticed that all the photos are stored under a single fumnail in photos.

If I wanted to transfer these photos to windows how would I separate all the pictures into the format windows views them in, so individual files. Also if i wanted to transfer to another mac do I just move the fumnail?

Also how do I go about transferring music?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The "thumbnail" can be double clicked and thus you can view all images. Select them all and drag them to a folder on your Desktop to export them. To transfer files to Windows either use a USB flash memory stick or a network.

[​IMG]

3. yettimillan thread starter macrumors regular

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What you meant with "fumnail" is the actual iPhoto Library file, located at Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Pictures / iPhoto /. Double clicking opens iPhoto, there is no fault there, as iPhoto stores all its photos in that big file.
    Unless you store your images somewhere else (outside of iPhoto that is), you have to open iPhoto to export those images or use the Show Package Contents option, which I would not advise anyone not knowing how those work.
    Just open iPhoto and select the photos to export and drag them to the Desktop or follow this little guide: http://www.ehow.com/video_4446118_exporting-photos-iphoto.html.

Mac OS X Basics, Malware, Software and other useful links