Transferring pics from iPad to iMac

canvasback13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I have an iMac and all the data on it was lost in a hard drive crash. It has now been repaired and the latest version of Lion is installed as the os.

I am trying to figure out how to get all my photos from my iPad 2 onto the new machine. I have a lot, around 10k.

What is the best way to do this? apple makes this task challenging.

Is there a program or app that I can put on the iMac that will view the iPad as an external drive and allow my to import into iPhoto?

EIGHTYTHREE

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012
App called PhotoSync (all one word no spaces) wirelessly transfer pics & vids...it use to be free but not sure now. You have to download app both Mac and iPad, it will transfer over wifi. Very easy app.

ManUMark

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2012
With Windows I connect the iPad to the PC and then open up the iPad as if it were a HDD and then drag and drop.

flight

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2010
I don't have Lion, but in Snow Leopard (and previous versions), Apple has included an application called Image Capture that will treat your iPad as a camera when connected. You can use it to import your camera photos or images saved from the web.

canvasback13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I ended up using diskaid and got all my photos back to my PC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.