Transferring Pictures From One User Acct to Another

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IslandR, Mar 14, 2011.

1. IslandR, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

IslandR macrumors newbie

Hello

I want to close a user acct on my Imac, before doing so I would like to move pictures from that acct to another.

I could do a bluetooth file transfer to the laptop then to the IMac, but it is very slow.
    I could buy a firewire and transfer to laptop and again to IMac, but I hope to do it with included software internally.
    I could burn a disc but that is wasteful.
    I could look in the the Time Capsule, but I have done that and come up empty.

I have turned on file sharing between users I believe, although I must have missed a setting.

I think I have explained my intentions and am hoping for an easy solution

Thank you

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I've transferred pictures etc via an external HD.

3. IslandR thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks JohnT

Appears that with over 40 people checking this out, hardware is the answer.

:D

4. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Trust me, hardware solution is much easier that software solution for this.
    I had a corrupt user account and had to move all my data from that account to a new one. Headache city!

5. DTS. macrumors newbie

sharing pics between macs with "iphoto sharing!"

I was looking to do this and found a fast way to do it. First I tried burning a library disc but the two computers did not have the same version of iphoto so it would not work. Then I figured that its easiest to just enable sharing under preferences in iphoto on the computers. Then with iphoto on the computer you want the pictures to go to, you can browse the other computers iphoto pics and drag the ones you want over to the local photo gallery. They will retain all dates, etc, and will be incorporated appropriately with the other local photos. I plugged both computers into a gigabit switch and it was blazingly fast. I initially tried wireless and it was pathetically slow, as to be expected. I only transferred about 500 pictures from an 8MP but it took just a few minutes.