Transferring pictures to my Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Neiloid, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Neiloid macrumors member

Hi

When I plug in my phone to my Mac it auto imports the pictures off my camera roll but I want to archive the albums I have on my phone onto my Mac to clear up some storage space, but I can't see how to do it.

Any help gladly appreciated :apple:

2. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

Theres an app called Image Capture in all macs, its inbuilt, just plug in ur iPhone and open the app. you can also use iPhoto i think

3. Neiloid thread starter macrumors member

I've tried this but Image Capture only "sees" the iPhone pictures in Camera Roll which I have imported, but I want to get off the albums I've created, as albums, onto my Mac.

Can this be done?

Also, with auto import, does it import all pictures off the camera roll each time or just new ones since the last import?

Thanks in advance.

4. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

I will have to see the album transfer thing, will see it in a few hours, and I think it imports only the pics that r not there, will tell u for sure in a few mins

5. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

i checked, had no luck with albums but i transferred a pic to my desktop quit the app started it again selected the pic clicked import and it didnt so i dont think it imports already imported pics