Transferring podcasts on ipod to iMac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bender644, Jul 1, 2011.

1. bender644 macrumors member

Hello,

I love apple and have always been a user of their products but feel this is getting far too complicated.

I have some Adam Carolla podcasts and I've downloaded them on my ipod using the WiFi. Now, I want to sync them on my mac, but it will erase all of what I have on my ipod!

I want to simply transfer all of my podcasts in their original format to my mac, and then sync from that point on. Why is it so difficult?

I downloaded iMacsoft software but it can't find the podcasts.

I looked online and can't get an answer to something I thought would be all over.

Could someone kindly help with some ideas?

Thanks so much for your shared input...

P.S. I could just erase them and download the old podcasts from Adam's website, but they're mp3s and wouldn't be podcasts on the iPod.

2. flanamac macrumors 6502

I think that iCloud takes care of this as long as you the iMac has iTunes registered to your Pod. Without the Cloud, iTunes purposefully has a one-way valve on this stuff to prevent theft...I don't agree with it.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

I just downloaded a new, random podcast onto my iPhone via wifi. Plugged it into my Mac, and iTunes synced it from iPhone to my Mac successfully.

You mentioned that you got the warning that it was going to erase stuff off your iPod? It usually only does that when you're trying to sync a device to a different computer for the first time. Have you ever synced this iPod to that Mac before?

You can try your iPod into your Mac, and instead of clicking the Sync button in iTunes, right-click on the iPod and choose "Transfer Purchases". That might bring it over.

Attached Files:

4. bender644 thread starter macrumors member

Hello,

Thank you very very much for that. This indeed was the solution and I feel silly for not having thought about it. Of course Apple had to have a solution for this.

It transferred all of the podcasts onto my mac.

Thanks again guys.