Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garycurtis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Where do I find the printer driver so I can drag and drop the file(s) to an external boot drive? I'm using OS Mavericks.

I'm hoping this can be done without an installation process. It will mean a 40 minute phone call to the Brother help people.

Last edited:

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
Where do I find the printer driver so I can drag and drop the file(s) to an external boot drive? I'm using OS Mavericks.

I'm hoping this can be done without an installation process. It will mean a 40 minute phone call to the Brother help people.

Have you tried just turning it on when booted with the external? I know when I turned my printer on after upgrading a pop-up dialog appeared asking if I would like to install the driver for it. Another idea can be using something like Super Duper or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your existing install to the external then the driver will be there.

garycurtis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
The external drive has OS Mountain Lion. Copied over using CCC.

I had the printer turned on when I booted, and I got a message that the printer needs a driver. It worked wirelessly in the past from the Ext. HD. And works flawlessly in WiFi mode when I boot from the main HD (OS 10.9).

In ML, I used to know where these drivers lived. But even holding the option Key while navigating to the GO pull-down, and clicking on Library doesn't reveal anything I can recognize.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.