Transferring programs to new Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacGeek03, Aug 21, 2009.

1. MacGeek03 macrumors newbie

I had a quick question which I hope someone could help me answer. I have iWork and Aperture on Leopard, but I have lost BOTH install CD's. Is there a way I can drag and drop the programs from my dock to a cd or external drive??I want to do a CLEAN install when :apple:'sSnow Leopard comes out and want to be able to transfer just those programs. What are my options???

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  3. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

Or just install Snow leopard as update nothing will be gone

4. ahaley1986 macrumors member

im guessing most programs can be restore via time machine. my only question is what happens to programs that I have installed product keys on?? When I restore it from TM, do the library files that contain this information get restored or is there a fairly simple to do it manually.

5. amok-san macrumors newbie

Your solution would be the "Migration Assistent", which should launch after a clean install, or otherwise just open it from the utillities menu. It allows you to migrate all your apps and preferences to the new system. From a Time Machine backup or the like that is.

6. ahaley1986 macrumors member

so by doing the migration assistant i shouldnt have to reregister any programs? that is unless they arent compatible with SL:eek: