Transferring Purchases - App Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crimsonmajor, Jan 19, 2011.

1. crimsonmajor macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I recently changed computers, and managed to delete my iTunes library in the process.

I have clicked on my iPhone and selected transfer purchases, so all my apps are now available in the apps section of the library in my iTunes.

However, when I select my iPhone and go to the apps tab, and select sync apps it says all apps will be deleted and replaced with apps from this library, which is OK, as all my apps are now stored in my iTunes library, however, will all my app data also be deleted? Things such as preferences and game saves for example?

Hope someone can help, many thanks.

2. JulesS macrumors newbie

Hi, the last time I restored my iPhone - iTunes made a backup of all of my settings and restored it on my iPhone. Only music, pics and videos weren't included in the backup. Good luck!

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Game saves and app settings are in the backup. So, just backup your phone and then restore after the transfer purchases.

4. kong85 macrumors newbie

kong85

crimsonmajor, not sure if the others got what you were saying.

You're not restoring from a backup, rather you're putting an iPhone on a new computer, and using 'transfer purchases' to copy the apps to the computer.

In this case, did your app data also get copied to iTunes when you did transfer purchases?

Let me know cause I'm about to do the same!

5. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

I just did that on my pc.. What happened with me was that, when I checked apps section in iTunes, it said it will erase all current applications. But since my computer was authorised, inspite of saying that it will delete, it doesn't. U click ok and it just let it remains as is..

Hopefully similar should happened with u too. Also just to be safe with music, u should get ifunbox and get music. Ifunbox works without jailbreak too.. Only for music and videos..

6. Yumunum, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Oh my gosh... It actually works! All my app data is back! Thank you!

7. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

8. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

A mod deleted it apparently. It was in this thread earlier. lol wow, now my joke makes me look pretty dumb! Well maybe it did before too, but still!