transferring saved games between computers......

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Pez555, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

Ok, so i upgraded my laptop a while ago, and i realised i had something saved on an app which i would like to transfer over to my new laptop. How do i do that? I dont want to resync my device to the old laptop as it is using an old version of itunes and has barely any music on it compared to my new laptop!

my question is, where are the saved game files stored, where i can transfer over to my new laptop?

2. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

3. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

This doesn't make sence, your saved games from iPhone apps are on your iPhone, not your laptop...

4. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

sorry i wasnt really clear enough in the OP, i upgraded my phone AND laptop, not sure why i forgot to put that in my OP!

Yea so i used the games on my 3GS, then upgraded both my laptop and phone. Is there anyway to get the save i had on my 3GS over to my iphone 4?

You would think devs could somehow implement game saves into the app itself instead of the phone.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Do you have your old phone? Sync it with the new computer then back it up in iTunes.

Then plug in the new phone and restore it from backup.

The game data goes into the backup.

(If you have the old computer but not the old phone you can do the same thing with it. There should be auto-backups in there.)

6. Pez555 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pez555

unfortunately i sold it.......

why cant game saves be tied to your itunes account instead of the phone? its stupid really as i upgrade every year, i dont want to be having to go through an entire game again once i have already completed it!