Transferring songs from Itouch to new Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mike927, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Mike927 macrumors newbie

I just got the new macbook, before I used to use a Windows PC. I have an Itouch that runs on 1.2 firmware and want to transfer the songs from my Itouch to my Itune on my mac. Is it even possible I looked up a couple of guides but they seem to be a outdated. BTW I am using the latest version of Itunes.

If I can't transfer the songs from my Itouch to my Itunes is there any other way of getting songs to my Itunes on my macbook without having to transfer each file from my PC to my macbook? I mainly do not want to do this because I have to edit numerous files and it gets extremely tedious since i have over 6k songs.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Grab a few blank DVDs and jump on iTunes to make a COMPLETE/ENTIRE backup of your library. Go to File > Library > Back up to disc. Select the first option, and it will backup everything from apps to music vids in your library to DVD or CD. Seeing as you have over 6K songs and who knows what else, like movies, etc/ It's best you use DVD. Otherwise you have a nice pile of CDs.

Anyway, moving on. iTunes will backup to DVD. Then open up iTunes on the mac and stick the first DVD in (be sure to read this whole thing before doing). then put in the 2nd one and the 3rd one and so forth. You can transfer the songs via the iPod touch (not itouch) but you need software and it will not grab album artwork or album name or other metadata stuff. Sometimes it might sometimes it wont. Much easier using iTunes backup.

3. Mike927 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible using an Itunes backup from PC to mac?

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Freeware called Senuti. You can get it at MacUpdate.com. It copies from your iPod to your Mac.

5. Mike927 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay i downloaded Senuti and got it to connect to my ipod. I see all my songs on Senuti but when I try to drag and drop from Senuti to my Itunes it wont work? whats up with that, is the new itunes ver not permitting me from drag and dropping?

6. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

I've never actually used Senuti, so maybe it doesn't support drag and drop. There must be another way to do it. Import from iTunes menu, maybe?

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Senuti has a transfer button on the top (a green arrow downwards), you click that, and it copies the songs fromt the iPod Touch to your hard disk.

Look through the preferences of Senuti for an option called "Adding to iTunes" or something like that.