Transferring Songs From Windows formatted ipod touch to MBP?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by willw77, Jun 25, 2008.

1. willw77 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this question but I just bought a MBP that hasn't been delivered yet along with an ipod touch (I did the back to school rebate). I would like to get the songs from the itunes on my family's pc onto my ipod and then on to my new MBP. This seems like the easiest way to transfer all the songs since i also want to leave a copy of them on the pc's itunes. What program do I need to get the songs from my the ipod touch to my mac? I've heard some programs don't work with the touch?

2. MM07 macrumors 6502a

Just do a backup on to a CD or DVD, then you can use that library to load on your new MBP.

This is how I did it from my Vista laptop to my MB.

Then you will format your Touch with your MBP, then sync.

3. willw77 thread starter macrumors newbie

tried senuti beta didn't work

Is there anyway besides ripping the existing songs on my pc to a cd or dvd to get the songs from my pc's itunes to my mac's itunes without it asking for authorization. I tried using the senuti beta which is suppososadley compatible with the ipod touch but it didn't work. Would touchcopy or one of the shareware programs work? The only reason I don't want to have to authorize it is because I already have another itunes account and the account on my pc doesn't have any authorizations left on it.

4. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

ipod touch isnt "windows formatted" or "mac formatted" from what i know. since the ipod touch's filesystem can only be accessed from itunes, it has a universal format which is the same on windows and mac. ive been transfering files between windows and mac on my ipod touch. you just have to choose to manually manage music

5. rma2110 macrumors newbie

I used a external hard drive to transfer whole iTunes library from my PC to my blackbook. I followed this

I was easy and took only a minute or two :) Transfering from the iPod touch to the mac is not as easy. You can then deauthorize your PC is you want. I did.

6. KHook321 macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting that, it helps me a lot! I just bought my new MacBook (and already have a Windows Desktop) so I was wondering whether my Touch could be used on both machines easily.