Transferring system photos from the iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ddegrasse, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ddegrasse macrumors newbie

I know I will sound like a complete noob saying this, but I can't get the system UI files (to be specific, the lockscreen battery charge level pictures) to open on my mac. I am making my own theme, and I need these files to use as templates. When I copy them to my mac, though, they are seen as corrupted files. I've tried ifunbox, ssh, and emailing them from ifile, but no luck. The files are just fine in ifile thought. Any ideas?

2. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

if you want to do this the easier way, download a battery lockscreen theme, paste over those pictures with your own, and activate via winterboard.

original files are located here: system/library/coreservices/springboard.app and it is BatteryBG_1 through BatteryBG_17. you should be able to pull the entire folder from your iphone via ifunbox by hitting the copy to pc button.

another option is to download a program like atomic web browser that will display under the appsmtab in iTunes when you phone is connected to the pc. Go to atomic via ifiles under var/mobile/applications and copy your battery pics and paste them in the downloads folder of atomic. They will now show up when you click on atomic (at the bottom of the screen, under the apps tab in itunes from your phone). You can now click and drag those files onto your desktop and vice versa.