Transferring Unlimited Plan Temporarily

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MJedi, Apr 13, 2012.

1. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

So I decided to try out an AT&T LTE iPad so I can test the speeds and coverage for myself. However, it seems I need to use the SIM that came with the new iPad. Putting the SIM from the iPad 2 results in a message saying the device requires an AT&T LTE SIM.

A search of the forum brings up the new feature of easily transferring the data plan to the new iPad by logging in with your current AT&T iPad account. Great! But now this has me wondering. If I don't keep the new AT&T iPad, can I transfer the account back to the iPad 2 using the same method? Or can I change the IMEI and ICCID from the att.com/ipadlanding site to reflect the iPad 2 settings? I don't want to mess this up.

Thanks.

2. aa521490 macrumors regular

3. DroidRules macrumors 65816

It's my understanding if you change your plan you're FUBAR. Start a new data plan with the iP3 and cancel it if you don't like it. IF you need unlimited don't change your plan from your iP2.

I guess this is what you're looking for.

4. dstar macrumors regular

Logon to the cellular settings of the iPad 3 and transfer your account over to that SIM/Device.

When you are done testing, logon to the cellular settings in the original iPad and transfer the account back over.

I did exactly this and had no problems at all.

5. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Same here, now I have unlimited LTE with AT&T.

6. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

This. I've done it too.