Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huerz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I was wondering what peoples' method was for transferring a link between their iPhone and computer and vice versa.

Say, for example, you're currently using a website on your mac and you'd like to quickly transfer it to your iPhone to view. How would you do it?

I usually just copy paste the URL into my Facebook but thought surely someone else has devised a quicker means...

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I use an app called Pocket.. it's available for iOS and OS X. I'm not sure if there is a native client for PC but you can always add a URL to pocket from within any modern web browser. And, Pocket lets you keep URL's in your list until you remove them. More information can be found at https://getpocket.com

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
iCloud Notes can do it. And if you are using iCloud on the computer then I believe you can have cloud tabs and have the tabs appear from the computer on Safari on the iOS device. Then there are some services and apps, like Pushbullet and some others that can do sharing like that. Probably even AirDrop can be used (haven't looked into it that much).

PsyOpWarlord

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
There is already a feature like this built into OS X and iOS called iCloud Tabs...
iCloud keeps the tabs you have open in Safari up to date on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.

You can go from one device to the next and pick up browsing wherever you left off. You can use iCloud Tabs on devices that are using OS X Mountain Lion or later or iOS 6 or later.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202530
Make sure iCloud is properly set up on all devices.

When you have Safari open on an iOS device click the tabs (overlapping boxes in the bottom right). Then above the plus sign you will see a cloud symbol with a device name. Drag that symbol up and you will show a list of all open tabs on all your devices (iOS and Macs).

On Safari on the Mac, in the toolbar click the cloud icon to see the open tabs on your iOS devices or other Mac computers. if you don't have the icon right click on the toolbar, click customize and add it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.