Transferring Verizon's Unlimited Data Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Steve.P.JobsFan, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

Hello, fellow members! I have a few questions about my Verizon account.

I have an iPhone 4 with the grandfathered unlimited data plan on Verizon, as it was the only plan available when I pre-ordered my iPhone in February 2011. I have a few questions about my plan.

1) When I upgrade to the iPhone 5 later this year, will my data plan transfer?

My second question is a bit long. I am on a Nationwide Family SharePlan, with myself, my mom, my brother, my grandfather, and my grandmother. My grandfather is the account owner. My mom is considering getting her own plan, and transferring our 3 lines over to a new account. If we do get our account, and I transfer my line over, will I still have my unlimited data plan when I transfer, or will I be forced to migrate to the 2GB data plan?

Thanks everybody!

- William

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I believe yes to both questions.
    You will be able to keep your unlimited data plan if you transfer your number to a different account and when the next iphone is released.
    But if its LTE they might not let you keep the unlimited data but its anyone guess what will the next iphone have and what Verizon would allow for a data plan for it.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Discuss it with your carrier. They're the ones in the position to actually help you.