Transferring whatsapp chats from android to ios

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unclejamaal, Oct 2, 2015.

1. unclejamaal macrumors 6502

is it possible? Officially it isn't as confirmed by whatsapps own help page. Just wondered if there was an app that does it

2. roeiz macrumors 6502a

roeiz

anyone?

3. hutrebug macrumors regular

Does this work? Pay no attention to the silly downvotes from the Android fanboys. ;)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apple.movetoios

There's also the issue of app subscription/payment, since Whatsapp is now only free for the first one year and thereafter you'll need to pay money to continue using it.

Or is a Whatsapp account tied to your mobile number and you can easily switch between devices/OS platforms?

4. MitaRacr macrumors newbie

Move to iOS does not support moving apps. I can only find a paid program called Backuptrans Android Whatsapp to iPhone Transfer to help. Maybe you can try.

5. unclejamaal thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice suggestion but I don't think my what's app chats are so important in order to keep them lol.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I've never understood why people need to transfer SMS and Whatsapp messages from one phone to the next. If there's any important info then write it down somewhere. We don't record the convos we have in real life and keep them for posterity so I don't see the need to keep hold of a ton of digital messages either. I know it's a common trait though and I'm probably in the minority...

7. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502

spacemnspiff

Completely agree. I do clean installs when I have trouble with my phone, I don't restore from backups. I dont miss the SMS or Whatsapp messages at all.

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I don't keep a single message.
    My wife wants to keep thousands .....

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

For me it's just a personal belief that in today's day and age we shouldn't have to delete anything. It's all possible, there are hardly any technical barriers. Also, it's pretty fun to go back in time a few years once in a while :) .

10. Mike Boreham macrumors 65816

Apps like Phoneview can archive Whatsapp, SMS and iMessage as PDF for future amusement or reference.