Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doron91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2022
Hello everyone,

My story goes like that - I had an iPhone 7 for a few years, it got broken so I started using an Android phone for a few months until I purchased my new iPhone 13 Pro.

While I was using my Android phone I had no chat history of WhatsApp since it all was stored on iCloud while I was using the iPhone 7.
When I initiated the first setup of the new iPhone 13 Pro, it restored all of the chat history from my old iPhone 7, but not from the Android that I was using in between.

I found a few ways to transfer the messages from the Android phone to my new iPhone 13 pro, but unfortunately, all of the methods I have found are structured in a way that will delete the current WhatsApp data I have on the iPhone 13 pro and only then it will transfer the WhatsApp data from the Android to the new iPhone 13 pro.
Meaning I will have the chat history from the Android that I have used for a few months but not the chat history from the old iPhone 7.

I would need the chat history that I currently have from the iPhone 7 and ADD ON THIS the chat history from the Android.

Is anyone know of a way to transfer the WhatsApp data from an Android to an iPhone WITHOUT erasing the current WhatsApp data I have on the iPhone 13 pro?

Thanks in advance to anyone who'll try helping me!!!

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
It’s beyond me why anyone saves text messages after a few weeks.I can’t imagine keeping that stuff.
Read it once
And maybe again
Then delete it.
Don’t live in the past (is my motto).

If a certain message is crucial to keep, just take a screenshot of it - then delete it.

Doron91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2022
It’s beyond me why anyone saves text messages after a few weeks.I can’t imagine keeping that stuff.
Read it once
And maybe again
Then delete it.
Don’t live in the past (is my motto).

If a certain message is crucial to keep, just take a screenshot of it - then delete it.
There is nothing to do with living in the past.
There are messages that are crucial to this point of my life and I need those messages.

Wouldn't bother if it wasn't important for me.

Thanks anyway.

alphasports

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2019
I was/am in the same situation...I use Android and iphones...I have not found a way to restore an Android backup to iphone, it's quite annoying despite my agreeing with the other poster about just flushing message history.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hello everyone,

My story goes like that - I had an iPhone 7 for a few years, it got broken so I started using an Android phone for a few months until I purchased my new iPhone 13 Pro.

While I was using my Android phone I had no chat history of WhatsApp since it all was stored on iCloud while I was using the iPhone 7.
When I initiated the first setup of the new iPhone 13 Pro, it restored all of the chat history from my old iPhone 7, but not from the Android that I was using in between.

I found a few ways to transfer the messages from the Android phone to my new iPhone 13 pro, but unfortunately, all of the methods I have found are structured in a way that will delete the current WhatsApp data I have on the iPhone 13 pro and only then it will transfer the WhatsApp data from the Android to the new iPhone 13 pro.
Meaning I will have the chat history from the Android that I have used for a few months but not the chat history from the old iPhone 7.

I would need the chat history that I currently have from the iPhone 7 and ADD ON THIS the chat history from the Android.

Is anyone know of a way to transfer the WhatsApp data from an Android to an iPhone WITHOUT erasing the current WhatsApp data I have on the iPhone 13 pro?

You might want to try and post in the iOS alternatives sub-forum for questions about Android to iOS data transfer

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Hello everyone,

Currently, the only official way for chat migration is from iPhone to Samsung Android 12 phone in a blank state. And that's a one way transfer. There's no way to transfer chat data from Android to iOS, let alone do a specific thing that you wanted.

What you want is not possible. Best bet is to just export those chats into text files for reference, and move on on the iPhone.

It sucks, but that's just how Whatsapp roll. This is why I keep my whatsapp account on my iPhone and Android as two separate accounts.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.