transferring your contacts and diary - MobileMe to 3g iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tungstentim, Aug 30, 2008.

1. tungstentim macrumors regular

tungstentim

Just wanted to let you know that MobileMe has been a God send this past week. I bit the bullet and sold my pwned 2g iphone on ebay and made a profit (nice start) and then took out a new contract with o2.

To say that importing my diary and contacts from the cloud was a dream, you know what's its like normally you can't get the things off your old phone. This time all I needed to do was add my MobileMe account info and it was all there.

For once my wife was shocked that a piece of technology actually helped me instead of caused me to curse!

And the 3g iphone I'd say work in progress is fair. Right now I prefer my 2g for stability.

Anyway hope it works for you too.

Tim
    :)

2. amro macrumors 6502

That's one of the things I've been demonstrating to anyone who asks me. Unlike some of the other unlucky ones, MobileMe has worked great for me since I got it (2 days after the long lines). I can modify my contacts on my iPhone and watch them update on the web interface to MobileMe and vica-versa. When I swapped the phone (1 dead pixel...gasp) for another one, everything updated as soon as I setup my MobileMe as well.

Over a month with this new toy, and I'm still thrilled with this thing.

3. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I'm pretty sure that most of the people who have reported problems with MobileMe just don't know how to work and any data loss is their own fault. If you follow the instructions, MobileMe works like a charm almost every time. There are only some instances where things aren't pushed right away, but otherwise it really is a brilliant system! Glad to hear another success story, hopefully more stories like yours will help to turn the image of MobileMe around!