Transform Picture Into Website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by JackT06, Nov 16, 2009.

1. JackT06 macrumors 6502

JackT06

I have put together this website layout (see attached) and i would like to make it my website design to preferably CSS. Does anyone know how i can do this? I made this on my demo of fireworks.

Before people talk about colors this was just the template :D

BTW I do know a fair bit of coding (HTML,CSS and PHP)and a bit of xhtml

The Web Layout Picture

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Attached? Not seeing anything.

Are you asking about something that takes a image and creates CSS from it? I think Photoshop has something like that using some slicing.

3. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Whoops Sorry I Forgot To Attach The Link :D

4. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

OK, now more specifically, what portion do you need help with? Looks like a standard 3-column layout. There's a number of tutorials for that. To best answer you, we need to know specifically what you want assistance on. We aren't going to provide a whole CSS file you know ;)

6. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

Well what i was wondering is there a program where you can import a picture and it puts it to CSS. Because i think Dreamwever can do it but im not 100% sure.

I know your not gonna provide me with the file because that would be a bit greedy :D

7. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

If you happen to have access to Photoshop here's a tutorial I mentioned before that takes an image and lets you create CSS from it. I've never done it before so can't add anything to the tutorial and not sure how great the CSS is that comes out of it. It likely uses a lot of absolutely positioned elements.

That's the only app that I've seen do this type of thing. It's hard for any automation here as CSS, though simple in syntax, can be very ... spunky. I doubt any automation would create very good CSS though. You'd likely be better off just working from the image to hand code the CSS.

8. JackT06 thread starter macrumors 6502

JackT06

I will test that tutrorial out tmoz at college and see how it goes :D. Thanks.

I Might also have a go at hand coding it and seeing which looks better seeming there is no time limit on this website i might aswell make it look as good as possible.