Transformers "Revenge of the Fallen" Midnight Showing

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Unspoken Demise, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Oh my goodness, Transformers "Revenge of the Fallen" was an incredible movie. I went and saw it at the midnight showing last night/ this morning. I didnt get home until after 3:30. I had to wake up at 7am for work. Completely worth it. By far one of the best movies I've ever seen in a theatre before, second to probably V for Vendetta on the IMax. :)

Any other MacRumors members go and see the midnight showing? What did you think? This was my first movie I've ever seen at a midnight showing. It was sooo much fun.

Popcorn and a drink were 11.50$ though :( Not so fun. :p

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Glad you enjoyed it...but best movie ever? Everything I've read gives it 1 star :eek:

Still, worth a watch I'm sure :)

3. Unspoken Demise thread starter macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

1 star? Hardly. I thought it was a fantastic sequel. I think it did the series proud. It makes me really want the 3rd one to be out already. :p The end was a bit drole, but everything else was A+. I guess reviewers didn't like the child like humor. I disregarded it and focused more on the plot. It made a lot of sense to me and made me feel like the end of the 1st movie was validated.

4. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

The midnight show was sold out near me. So they added 5 more viewings from midnight to 1am. I drove out to the theater and not only did they all sell out the line literally went around the block.

I hated the first movie, but I'm a huge TF fan so I wanted to see this. Now I'll probably wait for the video release (I'm not into the theater experience anyway).

I saw the first one at a midnight show, same theater, and it was practically empty that time. I was very shocked by what I saw.

They actually had to shut one theater elsewhere because the line was so long and people were rioting because they couldn't get tickets.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The first one was such a symphony of awful that when, taken all together, the absurdity melded together in a way that was perfect. I wonder if the second one will live up. :D

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

*I can't hear you* lalalallala

I happen to be locked into watching the movie twice...oh yeah, I don't have to read this thread do I?

Bye.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If you're not being sarcastic, then I agree. :D

I didn't think the first film was that bad. It was Transformers ffs. People said it was cheesy and had no plot. Again.....Transformers. I wanted to see things transform and fight, and that's what I got.

And I'm not even a huge fan of action movies.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Basically, I agree with everything Mark Kermode said about Transformers except for the actual conclusion. I think all his observations, which were very much on point, only came together to make the movie brilliant. :)

BTW here is his review of the new one... :D

9. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

I watched it last night and thought it was OK. I'd give it about 7 out of 10. The problem I had with the first one was the funny, comic relief characters/scenes just didn't make me laugh at all. Just not my sense of humour. But the rest was fantastic and I thought the same of the sequel.

Overall it's Michael Bay doing a comic book/toy movie so you know what you're in for. In many ways Revenge of the Fallen is even more of a cartoon than the cartoon was :p

It's basically two hours of action and mayhem from giant robots with several mind-blowing CGI setpieces. I would recommend going to the movies to get the most from the film- it really is a visual movie at heart.

Just treat it like you would Die Hard 4 or Shoot 'Em Up or Snakes On A Plane: Leave your brain at the door, get comfy and enjoy the ride :)

But if the inevitable 3rd movie doesn't have Dinobots in I'm boycotting it, I promise*!!! :D

* Fingers crossed

10. pb1300 macrumors 6502a

Wow, pretty harsh review. Was the movie really THAT bad? I think Ill like it cause I grew up in the original Transformers era, and I liked the first one.

11. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

I liked it.

My only problem was I was running on no sleep so I wound up nodding off a few times in the middle. :O The effects were really good, and I actually liked the storyline. Wide awake for beginning and end thirds of it, which were the parts with the action anyway.

I will say that I also saw the first one in similar red-eyed condition, so I don't remember much about it. I think I liked this one better, though.

12. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

It would have been better if Megan Fox never said anything. Every time she spoke I cringed :D

But it was good. People overanalyze these movies too much and just have to watch and enjoy them for what they are.

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Saw a matinee yesterday. Not nearly as bad as some have said. Explosions every 2 minutes.

What ever college Sam was going to (looked like harvard) was where I'd like to go back to school. It seems it was populated with super models.

The concept corvette was really cool.

Most of the movie looked like a high end US Armed Forces recruiting video. I also appreciated product placement of mostly domestic cars throughout the film.

14. timerollson macrumors 65816

Good summer flick even though this year, we seem to have a terrible selection of Blockbusters. I actually preferred the 1st one though. I liked the action in this one even if it just seemed like a cluster**** of metal. I felt like there were some fighting sequences where I couldn't differentiate between a Decepticon and an Autobot.

Is it just me or did the movie seem to end abruptly? I expected a more epic battle between the Fallen & Optimus Prime. Optimus gaining his "new parts" seemed to last longer than the final battle. The fight was so quick that when Optimus is doing the last voiceover of the film, I was like :confused:.

*spoiler*
    Of course, there's going to be a Transformers 3 since Megatron & Starscream wimped out after seeing The Fallen get killed. I predict a 2011 release.

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i saw it the day after it came out. it was sold out on opening day.

i really enjoyed it.

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

17. Tienenaar macrumors newbie

Tienenaar

Isabel is just great.
    Loved her acting in the sitcome "Home and Away" and hope to see more of her acting soon over here in Belgium-Europe

18. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Did you seriously just come here a year later to say that!? :rolleyes:

19. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I figured since this thread was resurrected, I would just drop in and say that I thought this movie was horrible. My wife and I were both bored out of our minds watching this. I thought the first one was pretty good, but this one brought too many cheesy lines, among other things.

20. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

:D It was only like 6 months.

Besides, its ISABEL LUCAS!!!!

21. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

An old looking teenager? no thanks.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The first one was a piece of trash. I can't believe anyone would sit through another.

23. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I thought the first one was just ok. The second one completely SUCKED!