Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Aaron can I asked how you managed to do that? Did you use Flyakite? Icons are now on the right hand side. All I need is mac icons and a mac object themebar!

desktopjune3.jpg

This is what it looks like now. Mac icons (apparantely) I just cant figure out the object dock. Anyone? :D

skibob1027

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2006
Illinois
viccles said:
Aaron can I asked how you managed to do that? Did you use Flyakite? Icons are now on the right hand side. All I need is mac icons and a mac object themebar!

desktopjune3.jpg

This is what it looks like now. Mac icons (apparantely) I just cant figure out the object dock. Anyone? :D

Right Click inside the dock (but not on an icon) and click "Dock Settings" or "Dock Preferences" - I can't really remember which. Under the "Positioning" tab (once again, not competely sure, but it's something like that) - there will be a drop box that will allow you to position the dock at the bottom of the screen.

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I just installed FlyAKiteOSX and selected all the install files, boom done, except, copy windows movie maker folder to desktop, then replace it, it took effects and transitions away.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Ok ill give flyakite a go. Hazaa! If there is anything unmaclike like let me know. The only annoying thing is sometimes you have to repeatedly click the icons to get it to go

macdesktopjune.jpg

karichelle

macrumors member
May 26, 2006
Ohio
Having the open programs and windows up in the taskbar at the top there is pretty unMac-like... ;) I can't see your icon font, but the one the Mac uses I believe is Lucida Grande. The screenshots the other person posted up there look incredibly Mac-like...interesting.

Though it would still be a lot better to actually upgrade to a Mac... ;)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I'm reminded of the phrase "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". The real beauty of OSX is what's going on in the background. Sticking an OSX like theme on Windows sort of misses the point.

I also think that by using this in preparation for getting a Mac, you're only going to end up confusing yourself when you actually do switch. I'd go back to using the Windows-like themes until you're ready to buy the Mac if I were you.

skibob1027

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2006
Illinois
dynamicv said:
I'm reminded of the phrase "You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig". The real beauty of OSX is what's going on in the background. Sticking an OSX like theme on Windows sort of misses the point.

I also think that by using this in preparation for getting a Mac, you're only going to end up confusing yourself when you actually do switch. I'd go back to using the Windows-like themes until you're ready to buy the Mac if I were you.

I totally agree - it's definitely still Windows running the show. Same program crashes and lock-ups - but it's interesting nonetheless.

Note to others: Do not base switching on your experience of a "mac-like" interface in Windows, it really doesn't do Mac OSX justice. But, I do think it's a nice change from the regular windows interface.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.