Transition question: keyboard & op system requirements

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by larimin, Jan 4, 2009.

1. larimin macrumors newbie

Hey there, maybe an odd question: I'm a writer looking to transition out of PCs and get my first macbook. I'm pretty impressed by the build & quality/beauty/etc of the macbook (& pros), but have some concerns about the keyboard. The keys are spaced out & feel a bit soft & a quick typing test at the store had me tripping/missing several letters - as I'm a writer & used to typing a lot & at very fast speeds, it does make me wonder if it would work for my literary tasks. Does anyone have similar observations/concerns? Does one get used to the spacing and soft feedback of the keys (causing missed letters/wrong letters)? Would my error rate go down?

Also, as my work is on MS Word for Windows, should I assume that as long as I get the Mac MS Word version, they would be easily read-transitioned over?

Thank you for your help!
    L.;)

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I loved the chiclet keyboard of the MacBooks. I have the older models with the white keyboard, but essentially it is the same as the new models, just painted black. I typed faster on this keyboard than any other keyboard. You'll get used to it. And Word on PC and Mac will be compatible.

3. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

It will take a few day to get use to, after that you will love the new keys.