Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
I swapped my 7 for a 7 Plus (jetblack) at my local Apple Store, 1 week ago.
My first Plus model iPhone ever.

I never thought I would adjust so easily between the regular 7 and the 7 Plus. It almost feels already naturel to me.

So, for those of you thinking about changing iPhone 7 to the Plus, give it a week. You probally experience how fast it goes!

The one and only thing I still have to adjust to is: the weight. And thus, how to comfortly hold the iPhone 7 Plus in 1 hand. But I am getting there ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: QueenTyrone

devinthomas

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
I know what you mean. Last night I realized how comfortable I was with the 7+ already and picked up a friend's 6S and was immediately like "Aw, this is for children".

Reactions: ray737 and Geert76

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
You both did better than me - I bought a 6, then returned it for a 6+ on the 13th day ,then returned the 6+ 3 days for another 6-- 4 months later traded the 6 on CL for a 6+.

After that I was good - Owned a 6s+ and now a 7+.

Reactions: Geert76

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
There is a slight learning curve with the Plus, but your correct, you will adjust and really Appreciate the larger features. I have both the 7 and 7 Plus, they both have their advantages.

Last edited:

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
It doesn't seem that long of a transitional phase for me compared to going from "3.5 to "4.7-"5 which took much longer. It's less than an inch upsize. So yeah, Plus models would be an easy and faster transition except for what the OP mentioned - weight.

This is probably I still am skeptical with a Nintendo Switch. Like an Nvidia Shield with TV out and detachable controllers. That's not really comfortable portability for me. If you got used to using an iPad mini, then handling an iPhone Plus would be pretty easy to adjust to.

rbrian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm sure I could get used to a larger screen very quickly - but my 6S only just fits in my pocket. Maybe next year there'll be smaller bezels so I have a big screen in a small iPhone. I can dream!

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I used to be able to leave my iPhone (5S) in my pant pocket comfortably while driving. I haven't been able to do that for years, ever since I had 6/6+. So I could say that my "transitioning" was never over.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you guys!
The screen size already feels normal to me. It's just so pleasant. The only time I miss my regular sized phone is the moment when I slide it out of my pocket with one hand, I'm always afraid of dropping it.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
5.2" is the sweetspot for me. The Xperia XZ is big but one-handed use is possible. The Plus model is just too big, and I've owned the 6+/6S+/7+.
Hopefully the 8+ will be perfect with its rumoured slimmed down bezels.

cfs123

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2010
Hopefully the 8+ will be perfect with its rumoured slimmed down bezels.
You don't appreciate the bezels? I'm just curious. I am a note 4 owner. Like my note but I find when intake photos or video with an iPhone it feels much more comfortable because I am not accidentally pushing any buttons. The iPhone is so light too that I naturally hold the bezel when reading, which unlike my note 4 I need to wrap my hand around it and hold the sides which is les comfortable for me.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
You don't appreciate the bezels? I'm just curious. I am a note 4 owner. Like my note but I find when intake photos or video with an iPhone it feels much more comfortable because I am not accidentally pushing any buttons. The iPhone is so light too that I naturally hold the bezel when reading, which unlike my note 4 I need to wrap my hand around it and hold the sides which is les comfortable for me.

Aesthetically they're 'yesteryear' but my main gripe with the bezels is that the phone could be smaller. I struggle to find pockets big enough.

Reactions: rbrian

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I have 7 a week just like I gave 6 about a month

Before going to phablet. s series I went straight into 6s+ with much internal debate

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.