transitions - fixed in iMovie 08 or no?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jasmine84, Aug 26, 2007.

1. jasmine84 macrumors member

jasmine84

So my big beef with iMovie 06 that has caused me not to make movies in the last several weeks is that whenever you use transitions between clips it screws up the audio, takes audio from the middle instead of the end of the clip. If this is fixed in iMovie08 I will be getting it, otherwise I won't be. So... is it fixed??? Do transitions work now like they do in Windows Movie Maker?

2. jasmine84 thread starter macrumors member

jasmine84

nobody knows? I will be buying iLife 08 if this is indeed fixed! Please help if you know :)

3. 66217 Guest

It never messed the audio of my clips.

Could you explain it a little more, maybe your are missing something.:)

4. jasmine84 thread starter macrumors member

jasmine84

OK, so if I have a clip and I put the fade out transition on the end, it'll repeat audio from earlier in the clip. So if I'm saying "that's the end", when I add the fade it'll be like "that's the end that's the end". And the audio/video aren't synced for the fade out (obviously). I heard people say before it was a glitch that was never fixed, and to play with the audio levels or something, but that's just trying to hide something that is an error. If it was fixed on iMovie 08 I'd buy it :)

5. nkochanowski macrumors newbie

I do understand your issue using iMovie HD, this happens too frequently when making longer videos.
    iMovie '08 does a much better job with transitions and titles, and you do not have to wait at all for these to render. The new version greatly simplifies these additions and does not mess with the video imaging as much as '06.
    I love the new iMovie but I mostly use it for home movies and stuff like that.

6. phonebone macrumors newbie

7. jasmine84 thread starter macrumors member

jasmine84

Awesome!!! Thanks so much guys :) Going to buy it right now!