Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

ethics101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
I'm thinking about getting a black speck case and was wondering if it's possible to externally cover the logo of the pro with some sort of film that makes the glogo appear a different color. Was thinking a black red combo would look nice. Pics would be nice !

Elevon

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
I don't see why there will be a problem =]
Just a reminder that the black satin case has a small hint of purple/indigo, so you might need to consider a different colour filter in order to archive the colour you want. My OP really, since I haven't tried it before.

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
yea i have one and its really not bright at all, i also have a skull sticker over my apple logo. pics for you to see.

i bought the case and never use it, i like the look and feel of the normal aluminum body.

Attachments

• IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 83
  • IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0323.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 82

ethics101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
I was hoping I would find something that would give the logo the illusion that it was red.

ethics101

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
not if u cover it with a blac case obviously

Have you seen those black see thru satin speck cases? You can see the Apple logo lit up through it clearly. I want to put one of those on along with a red translucent sticker to give the apple a red color

bdodds1985

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2011
Tartarus
Have you seen those black see thru satin speck cases? You can see the Apple logo lit up through it clearly. I want to put one of those on along with a red translucent sticker to give the apple a red color

its not clear... its purpleish. and with red on there it would be hard to see. thats why i took the pictures i just shared with you. come on now... buy a clear case and you'd see it just fine. problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.