Translucent top bar

Hibbity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
Every once and a while, like when I run UT, the top bar (i dont know what you all call it...you know,the bar with the clock, "file," etc) will go translucent, and I'd love it if it would stay like that in the same whay you can auto-hide the dock. Is there any way to do this?

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
I know what you're talking about ... I noticed this last night when I quit AIM.

The silver menubar at the top turns into the same color as your background, right? I've seen invisible docks (without that cloudy white shading) but I've never seen a hack for the topbar. Let us know if you find one.

Hibbity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
yeah thats what im talking about...shapeshifter costs to use indefinitely, and its not worth $20...anyone?

Hibbity

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
rrrgggghhhh

It went translucent again, which made me sad as I can't figure out how to make it be like that all the time. Any thoughts?

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
dotnina said:
I know what you're talking about ... I noticed this last night when I quit AIM.

The silver menubar at the top turns into the same color as your background, right? I've seen invisible docks (without that cloudy white shading) but I've never seen a hack for the topbar. Let us know if you find one.
The same thing happens to me when I quite aim. It looks pretty cool. For like the one second it is like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.