Transmission 0.80

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eidorian, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

First of all...

Secondly, you can now prioritize files and select which ones you want to download.

That and a host of other things that most of you probably haven't experienced.

http://transmission.m0k.org/index.php

2. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I hace recently switched from azureus as I don't like the direction they are going in with those ads. Blah. Anyways it seams pretty good so far.

3. Eidorian thread starter macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I've never noticed ads in Azureus. Then again I'm still on 2.5.0.4.

4. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

Had problems with last version of Transmission!

I would download a 4GB file & if I had to restart it, or shut down it would read the files in & the files would bloat drastically. A 4 GB file would download & end up being a third to half larger!!!:eek: IE the 4 GB file would finish & be 6-7 GB.
    Never experienced the problem with Tomato or Azures. Know if theey fixed this? Anybody else have the same problem?
    G4 IMac 800, running 10.3.9

5. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

Awesome. I've really wanted to be able to selectively download files for quite some time. I really like how light weight this app is. Azureus was such a resource hog on my powerbook.

6. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Ok so let me get this straight. If lets say I'm downloading 12 gigs worth of data and then I pause the download, and update transmission and then restart the download I have to redownload all 12 gigs?

7. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

No its strange on 10.3.9 anyway

The actual physical size of a 4GB torrent file would get to 6+ GB on three files out of 60 or so that I tried. one 7.5 GB file I downloaded ended up actually being 11.75 GB when finished!!! Still cant figure it out!

8. NoOneButMe macrumors regular

Yes. Looks like it's changed something involving how Transmission deals with files in order to allow individual files to be downloaded.. It probably error's on files that are half-complete when you stop and then restart.. Not sure though.