Transmission Crashing iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nusynergy, Mar 31, 2009.

1. nusynergy macrumors regular

I use Transmission for err... Downloading. The issue im having is that it seams to have to work for about 30 -40 minutes then develops a major memory leak and kills the computer. Only solution is a Hard Boot..

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Cheers

2. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

I was having the same problem!

the short of it i found by limiting up and down to 70 and 210 KB/S it has been stable for 4+ days now. Previously it was crashing after about 15mins.

running 1.60b1 200 global 60 per ... connections 2-3 up and down

Hope that helps ! :)

It seems as though its the download side that causes trouble as my upload cap is the same as it was, the download cap was previously over 500 )

3. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

If you ever have trouble with Transmission, download the latest nightly build to see if that helps.

4. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

I use my PowerBook to download subs everyday and I usually leave Transmission open even when I'm not using it. Never had it crash before even after a week.

But I'm on a 1.5Mb plan. Speeds up to 192kbps. Whoo!

5. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

Transmission is a torrent client that was designed to stop people using Torrents... (*Conspiracy Theory :D*)

I would recommend that you check out other clients... such as Vuze or XTorrent.. I am told that BitRocket is also very good!!! I do have transmission... but only as a fall back...*The only thing that I like about it is the skin!!!

[​IMG]

J