Transmission Help Please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rdowns, Dec 7, 2008.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Bare with me, I know nothing about how this works. My brother recorded my niece in a school play and set up up as a torrent. I downloaded Transmission and got the video to download, it took all night. Now I have a folder with 40 files. What do I do now to be able to watch this?

2. cokeacola macrumors member

it will probably be in rar format mate

if it is open it up in unrarx and that will extract the movie for you

hope this helps

3. cokeacola macrumors member

its not a torrent client problem he has as he has said he has downloaded the files ,its extracting them thats the problem :confused:

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

What format are they in? Most likely they will be .rar, so you need UnrarX. Once you have downloaded that and put it in your applications folder, open it and drag all of the .rar files that you downloaded into the UnrarX window. It will output one video in the original folder (where the .rar's were). Then you can watch it!

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

OK, I got unrarx and it begins working and then wants a password. It creates a zero K avi file. They have a URL to get a password but it presents you with those scam offers. Why is this so damn difficult?

6. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Your brother must have put a password to protect the content. Ask him what the password is. It isn't difficult - just seems so since it is the first time you are doing something like this.

All you have to do is open the first .RAR file with UnRarX and then enter the password your brother created when prompted and then it'll extract the content.

7. Li9 macrumors newbie

Li9

Transmission lost!

Hi there!

I tried to open Transmission today and it's not responding. I looked in the applications and the program doesn't seem to be there anymore, where as it was working fine before. Has anyone had the same experience? What should I do?

8. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Re-download it?

9. Li9 macrumors newbie

Li9

Thanks Kilamite

Thanks Kilamite! Done. It still doesn't explain how the program disappeared in the first place...isn't that strange?

10. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Possible an update crashed - when Transmission installs an update (you have to authorise it) it trashes the original application. Possible it is in your Trash if it crashed during the update.