Transmission isnt downloading/connecting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spacemanps, Apr 18, 2010.

1. spacemanps macrumors regular

spacemanps

Okay so i woke up this morning to my transmission not working or downloading any thing any more... It wont connect to any users or anything. Last night i set it to download a few things it worked for a bit then i guess it just crapped out. It downloaded the files half way then stopped connecting. I tried rebooting the comp, the router and the modem.. with no luck. Verified that the port was mapped and open, which is it... i cant figure out whats the issue is... and i dont think its an ISP issue

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

yup, i mentioned above that the ports are open, verified with the utorrent checker and the cheker in transmission

4. spacemanps thread starter macrumors regular

spacemanps

really weird, i just updated the software and it started to work again... weird..

5. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Sorry I didn't read that in your original post :eek:

Have you tried a different torrent program?

6. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Do you have it set up to do automatic updates? A lot of updates can fail and cause the program to not work correctly as seen - this has happened to me a few times when not in my admin account.
    I recommend turning the auto off and just checking every so often for them in an admin account and updating manually.