transmission only half loading

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ph7ryan, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ph7ryan macrumors newbie

Don't Worry, Me and my friends use bittorrent to share large files, not pirate software...

But anyways my new ibook, will not load transmission, either directly by clicking on it or indirectly by opening a file with it....I have tried the newest version 1.51, and everything....any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

More information would be helpful. What OS are you using and do you have all of the latest software updates?

3. ph7ryan thread starter macrumors newbie

10.4.11....yes tiger with the latest updates...thanks for the speedy reply...

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I checked the Transmission website and it states that 10.4.11 users need to have Security Update 2008-002 installed. You may want to check and make sure that you have it installed, here is the link for the download of it.

5. ph7ryan thread starter macrumors newbie

hhmmmm.....ok.....when I downloaded apple updater was running, and i thought that when it updated to the 10.4.11 THAT was the security update...I will post the results after I download and install...thanks for the help

6. watkins11 macrumors newbie

Transmission Question

Using transmission, if I'm downloading a file containing numerous files within it(a CD for instance), can I play the files that have been successfully downloaded while the entire file(torrent) itself isn't fully complete because it hasn't finished downloading the rest of the files yet.

Like say I'm downloading three songs and I see the first two are done and now only downloading the third one, is there a way I can play the first two since they're completed?

Thanks.

7. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If it's a traditional zipped/.rar torrent file, no. The whole package needs to be complete. If the files come through as just that, separate files, then you can play them as they go.