Transmission, pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SandersHokie, May 3, 2007.

1. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

I've tried a lot of Bittorrent clients. Azureus just uses too much of my macbook pro, so I am trying Transmission. What are some pros and cons of it?

thanks.

i'm mostly just looking for a simple one that does not use much memory or anything on my laptop.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Then transmission will be fine, it's pretty good with Routers too.

3. SandersHokie thread starter macrumors 6502

do they update it a lot?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I recently switched back to Transmission form BitRocket.

Since I switched, T has been updated twice. It's run without issue so far, and has a number of new-to-me features that have made me extremely happy. I'd highly recommend Transmission if you don't need all the 1,000,000 features Azureus provides.

Edit: It should be noted that BitRocket was also recently updated (for the first time in quite a while), and while I haven't tried the new build, the old build was pretty solid (minus a few minor bugs) and well worth a look. BitRocket would be more like Xtorrent than Transmission, however.

6. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I use both Transmission and Azureus and love them both. Transmission is nice and lightweight which is great, and Azureus has lots of features which is also great.

If you don't need the features on offer with Azureus, then go with Transmission.