Transmission Slow to Connect?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NewSc2, Sep 2, 2009.

1. NewSc2 macrumors 65816

I've had this problem on a couple instances of Transmission (on desktop and laptop). Sometimes torrents just refuse to connect to peers, and will only do so after maybe an hour or so. Once it connects, torrents sometimes start out very slowly on popular torrents, then speed up to full speed after several minutes. And sometimes, torrents start up just fine.

My port is forwarded correctly, and once things connect, they work fine. It's just that 20-30 minutes it can take gets annoying. Sometimes if I'm downloading multiple torrents (5+), Transmission will auto-queue certain torrents and even after I pause/refresh, will not reconnect those, and that's with all limits turned off.

This has happened on my desktop and my laptop, in different networks (work, friends, home). All had correctly forwarded ports.

I never had this problem with Vuze, in fact, most torrents would shoot up right away, and "Force Start" almost always worked to kick-start my torrents.

Help? Advice?

2. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

I think it may be the latest version of Transmission. I'm getting this lately and I've recently done updates to it.

3. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Transmission is stuffed in SL. I now use uTorrent myself - works perfectly.

4. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

I experienced the same thing. Slow Transmission
    I went to the website and got the nightly builts and seemed to have worked ok.
    I think its time for utorrent and see how that performs.

5. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

uTorrent has less features but connects better.

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Im having the same problem. Im running the 64bit version under Snow Leopard. What version of OSX is anyone running who gets this problem?

I remember reading that the 64bit transmission is actually a beta, so it may still have a few bugs.