Transmission slows down system

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cysquatch, Sep 16, 2007.

1. cysquatch macrumors newbie

Goodmorning everyone.
    I have been trying out different bittorrent apps the last few weeks and decided that I really liked Transmission.
    I am having a problem with it slowing down my system though. I have a not quite new ppc iMac. The flat screen form factor white model.
    The issue I am having starts as soon as the application is launched. The system grinds to a halt with the spinning beach ball. I tried checking the activity monitor to see what it was doing, but the system was at a freeze, nothing could be done. It's been going on for the last week or so, ever since it was installed.

Is there anything that I could do on my part that might fix this problem, or is there another app that works like Transmission (simple, no frills) other than Bittorrents own software? I tried Azureus but there is way to much packeged with it that I will never use (i.e. VUZE etc).

Thanks for any help you can provide.:)

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Well I'd say you can expect some slowdown when using this app. It is constantly reading and writing to the hardrive. When I'm designing on my G4 I'd turn off transmittion and running it over night.

3. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

I'm using an Intel Mac so I'm not sure what the problem could be. It doesn't slow down my system at all though. You could try Azureus' "classic" interface without VUZE or use BitRocket or Bits on Wheels