Transmission Theme

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by notsofatjames, Apr 30, 2007.

1. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

I downloaded Transmission beacuse I was tired of Azureus' huge memory useage, and bloaty feature set. But wasnt overly happy with the look and feel of transmission's user interface. So i just whipped up some buttons to make things a bit more OS X like. I thought Id just post to share and hear your opinions.

EDIT: Perhaps i should add a screenshot...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Before I consider applying this, do you have any screenshots?

3. notsofatjames thread starter macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

i realised as soon as i posted i should have included a screenshot. Silly me!

4. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

5. The General macrumors 601

Right click on Transmission in /Applications and go to "Show package contents..." Go to Contents/Resources and copy all of the images into that folder. If you dont want to replace them, move them out of the folder onto the desktop first to see if you like them.

I like these icons better. Did you just take them from Safari and iTunes?

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

And to think that a big part of the latest Transmission update was the theme...congratulations :)

7. notsofatjames thread starter macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

I took them from other apple apps. cant remember which one. iMovie rings a bell. But the upload and dowload thingies i just edited the standard.
    Thanks for explaining to the guy who just asked. suppose he didnt read the read me... :rolleyes:

Also appears that installing the update (which ive just had to do reverts the theme, so it might be worth keeping a backup