Transmission vs New Vuze

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gattz, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Gattz macrumors regular

Some of you may not know since people don't like Vuze that much, but it was recently updated and everything seems much faster and less bulkier. I was just wondering what is everyone's opinions on it now? I've tried using Transmission, but torrents never start on it for some reason, and Vuze gets the job done. I've recently reformatted and now I'm deciding again.

2. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I use and love transmission. I get the same speeds on all apps so I just stick with transmission because I like the web interface.

I will have to switch to a "magnet" capable client soon as one of my favorite sites is killing their tracker soon.

3. Gattz thread starter macrumors regular

True, with the right settings you can basically get the same speeds. The problem I have with Transmission is that it feels a little too bare, plus it doesn't work for me. :p

4. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

Too bare? What fancy features do you want from a torrent client? What features in VUZE do you use that aren't available in Transmission?

5. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Transmission all the way. Been using it since 2 years, every day. It is lightweight, super fast...gets the job done :cool:.

6. Gattz thread starter macrumors regular

Calm down zachsilvery. Go into the preferences for both, and you might understand what I'm talking about.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://transmission.xpjets.com/

The latest Transmission nightly builds support magnet links and work well.

8. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

Awesome, how stable is it.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

10. mattvs macrumors newbie

In regards to your question at least one good feature that Vuze has that Transmission doesn't, is that in advanced settings you can program it to allow multiple connections from the same IP.