Transmit 4 next week

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GeeYouEye, Apr 20, 2010.

1. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Awesome. v3 works perfectly for me, but I'll probably upgrade anyways :)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

It's a countdown for Transmit 4. According to the release notes, Transmit 3 is over 5 years old!

4. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

V3 does everything I need, but will be interesting to see what v4 has to offer. I'll probably upgrade just to support them. They really are a quality Mac outfit and make some great software.

5. Harrold macrumors newbie

It looks very nice, I'm hoping to try it out. :D

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I have been beta testing Transmit, and I can tell you that 4 is great. There actually were some performance issues with 3, when doing large syncs, etc. They cleaned all that up. Furthermore, the new UI is SLICK, which is tough to say for an FTP client :D. I paid for the upgrade yesterday. Curious to hear what you all think. I think it was worth the $19 upgrade.

7. mtreasure macrumors newbie

Transmit Upload Order - seems random now

Has anyone else noticed that the upload order for folders is now completely random, whereas the previous version was alphabetical (logical). I think that this is a step backwards. If you are uploading a large number of folders, it is impossible to tell how far you've got. Please email them if you agree. They say that they need several people to raise this as an issue before they will look at it... email to: transmit "at" panic.com

8. LGgeek macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried using transmit 4 and connecting to a Solaris 10 system ?