Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happywaffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Transmit conveniently saves all my FTP connection passwords, but seemingly not in a form that I can actually look at them. I checked out com.panic.transmit.plist in my Preferences folder, but the password didn't seem to be stored there; the "RemotePassword" key did have a "PasswordInKeychain" value, though.

Sooooo I checked Keychain Access, but there were no entries for Transmit, or for the site I was accessing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Odds are you're in the right application (Keychain Access), but you're looking at the wrong keychain. There are multiple keychains, besides the login one.

happywaffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
That's a good thought, but I don't think that's it. I've got:

login - 215 items
Microsoft_Intermediate_Certificates - 0 items
System - 24 items
System Roots - 0 items

So the only other possibility is System, but it only contains 22 AirPort network passwords, one Back to My Mac key, and one PPP password.

Any other ideas?

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
For me, they are showing up in Keychain Access, as "Internet password"s; in the login keychain.

You should be able to verify if the passwords are being stored there, by locking the keychain then launching Transmit, and attempting to connect to a site. If the passwords are coming from Keychain Access, you'll be prompted to unlock the keychain.

Reactions: stoney05

happywaffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2002
Ah! That's the issue. Didn't even need to do the test, I just checked out my Internet passwords - they're recorded as the IP address, not the nicknames I'd given them in Transmit, which is why they didn't turn up in a search.

Problem solved, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.