Transparent Apple come loose

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bobnugget, Jan 23, 2010.

1. bobnugget macrumors regular

Hi all,

Has anyone else had this? The transparent Apple in the back of the display of my Unibody MacBook has come loose, and is no longer sitting flush with the metal casing. It appears to have moved inside the case. Luckily it doesn't appear to be warping the screen or anything like that. I haven't seen this happen before (and have got a new mac laptop roughly once a year since they started doing the light-up apple on the back of the screen).

I guess I'm going to have to take it in for a service and have the display unit replaced... it doesn't look like it would be servicable.

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

I'm almost certain they would replace/fix this for free under warranty. I'm honestly not 100% though. It'd be weird if apple didn't.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The whole upper case on the unibodies is considered one part in the eyes of apple parts land, with no serviceable pats inside because of the adhesive used to hold the glossy glass on.

4. Stevo B macrumors newbie

Wow, I'm really dreading the day that I have to move up to a newer macbook. In all the previous models, that would be an easily serviceable problem. I don't like not being able to get to the insides (I know I'm not supposed to). I've been able to replace the display in my Macbook Pro for $60 instead of paying big bucks for the service. Not that they aren't still great machines.

5. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

That figures since those aren't held on but with some cheap glue and yellow tape.

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Actually, it's something with strength akin to gator glue. But k.

7. bobnugget thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I'll let you guys know how it goes - I've just dropped it off at the local AASP, who wasn't sure if Apple will cover it under the warranty or not, so I should know in the next few days. The guy there also thinks something has pressed it in. I agree, but it was safely in a padded sleeve in a Pac-Safe backpack with not too much else in there, and I certainly didn't drop it or drop anything on it. It had then been used for a little while before I noticed the Apple had pushed in.