Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandylp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Yesterday I connected my 2011 15" MBP to my 27" monitor, connected a new portable hard drive to the USB port on the back of the monitor, and backed up with Time Machine. When i put the computer to sleep and disconnected it and than opened it, I got a blue screen that i could see thru (should say translucent instead of transparent). I could not get a normal screen until I restarted the computer. I tried it a couple more times with the same results. I found another person on the Apple forum with the same experience, but there were no responses to his query. After I restored the hard drive with my Super Duper backup from the day before, I never had the problem again.

Has anyone experienced this or do you have any idea what could have caused it? Thanks for any responses.

sebgreen

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2008
UK
Yesterday I connected my 2011 15" MBP to my 27" monitor, connected a new portable hard drive to the USB port on the back of the monitor, and backed up with Time Machine. When i put the computer to sleep and disconnected it and than opened it, I got a blue screen that i could see thru (should say translucent instead of transparent). I could not get a normal screen until I restarted the computer. I tried it a couple more times with the same results. I found another person on the Apple forum with the same experience, but there were no responses to his query. After I restored the hard drive with my Super Duper backup from the day before, I never had the problem again.

Has anyone experienced this or do you have any idea what could have caused it? Thanks for any responses.

what hard dirve is in your MBP?

mcvaughan

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2007
Houston, TX
I just saw this happen yesterday when I disconnected my 27" ACD. I'm sure Apple will have a fix for this soon...

No issues after I rebooted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.