Transparent Blue Screen on 2011 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sandylp, Mar 11, 2011.

1. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

Yesterday I connected my 2011 15" MBP to my 27" monitor, connected a new portable hard drive to the USB port on the back of the monitor, and backed up with Time Machine. When i put the computer to sleep and disconnected it and than opened it, I got a blue screen that i could see thru (should say translucent instead of transparent). I could not get a normal screen until I restarted the computer. I tried it a couple more times with the same results. I found another person on the Apple forum with the same experience, but there were no responses to his query. After I restored the hard drive with my Super Duper backup from the day before, I never had the problem again.

Has anyone experienced this or do you have any idea what could have caused it? Thanks for any responses.

2. sebgreen macrumors regular

what hard dirve is in your MBP?

3. mcvaughan macrumors 6502

I just saw this happen yesterday when I disconnected my 27" ACD. I'm sure Apple will have a fix for this soon...

No issues after I rebooted.

4. sandylp thread starter macrumors regular

sandylp

It's the 512 ssd. I haven't experienced it since I restored with Super Duper, but I'm really curious as to what caused it. I was backing up with Time Machine prior to disconnecting.