Transparent lockscreen

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fizz7283, May 3, 2012.

1. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

Might be a weird question, but is there anyway for my lockscreen to be my springboard just with like a transparent wallpaper over it? I could have sworn there was a jailbreak app/tweak for that not too long ago, but can't find it in Cydia and can't remember the name.

I would much rather a transparent png over a tweak if a transparent png would work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. newskin macrumors 6502

Not sure if I understood you or not. There is a tweak in cydia called "nolock" that makes it so when u turn on your iPhone, either using the sleep or home button, you"ll be taken directly to your springboard instead of your unlock screen. Hope that's what your looking for.

3. fizz7283 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for responding, but it's not what I'm looking for. I actually just quit using NoLockscreen a couple days ago after using it for months lol

What I'm looking for is a way for my lockscreen to look like my home screen where you can see the icons, but still have to swipe to unlock. I really thought I had seen a tweak for this awhile back, but since I was using NoLockscreen I didn't pay too much attention to it and am now regretting it!

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I used move2unlock awhile back. It has slide overlay to unlock and such but not sure if is transparent...

5. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

I think I know what you are talking about, its like the blurredNC tweak, but for the lock screen, and you swipe to unlock and you can see the springboard clearly?

I don't know if this does exist for iOS, but it SHOULD. I had it for my android phone back in the day and it was an awesome tweak.

6. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Couldn't you just take a screen shot of your springboard and make it your lock screen wallpaper? You can easily find tweaks to hide the clock and slider in Cydia

7. fizz7283 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes this is exactly what I want!

And I could take a screenshot, but then the time, signal and battery would be on there.

I really wish springtomize would implement a blurred lockscreen like they have for te NC.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'd also like a tweak like this.

9. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Email the developer of Springtomize asking for this feature to be implemented in a future release.

The more people contact him, the higher the odds that he will consider adding it.

10. newskin macrumors 6502

Yeah, no prob. I see what you are looking for but for the life of me can't think of a tweak that would allow us to accomplish this. I'm with everyone else though, hopefully someone can come out with this tweak or implement it to an existing one.

11. Dylatron2000 macrumors regular

Dylatron2000

Although this may seem a bit roundabout and kind of well....stupid, this is an interim fix I thought of in the meantime until someone makes this a real tweak.

>Take a screenshot of your springboard setup, front page I'd say.
    >Get LockInfo, from cydia, it comes with a free trial.
    >Set up your lock info how you like it, most people use it like their notification center, which is blurred in my case
    >Set that screenshot of your springboard as your lock screen wallpaper

ghetto jerry rig fix for the time being haha :D

12. HickDead, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012

HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Considering all the numerous useless, worthless, redundant tweaks/apps currently out there....I can't believe that no one has thought of something like what the OP is looking for.

13. fizz7283 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually I did the screenshot suggestion. Since I use an overlay on my springboard it has a black strip at the top so I just went over the time, battery and signal in black so it works on the lockscreen, showing the correct info.

Thanks to the person who suggested that, I didn't even think about that until you said it.

I would still love for a tweak to come out to have a blurred overlay over my springboard, but this is a pretty easy workaround that doesn't require any more tweaks killing my battery and eating RAM.

Thanks all for your suggestions.